Slitter Rewind Operator
Evelyn Fernandez – email@example.com
Roles and Responsibilities
- Space rotary blades on machine shaft, according to product specifications, and turn setscrew to secure blades in position.
- Mount rolls of material on machine support and thread material over tension bar and through rolling head unit.
- Lap ends of slit material around take-up tubes.
- Start machine and observe flow of material to detect irregular winding.Move lever to start, stop, and regulate speed of machine and to align with rolling head and maximize profitability.
- Disengage winding shaft and remove narrow rolls of material.Complete paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and machine operating procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Stand, walk and bend.
- Positions will cross train on other equipment.
Qualifications and Skills
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
- A combination of equivalent experience and/or education may be considered.
- Basic knowledge of machine operation; knowledge and understanding of safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Basic math skills including add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Basic measuring skills including reading both standard and metric tape.Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work the required hours of the position and additional hours as needed.Use hands to handle or feel; reach and grab hands and arms.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Candidates must be mechanically inclined with troubleshooting skills.