Sheeter Department Helper
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepares rolls for machine by unwrapping and removing cores
- Sorts skids and stages rolls for pressroom in the order they belong
- Maintains the sheeter machine stocked with a roll ready to sheet at all times, according the job requirements.
- Classifies and bind all paper waste accordingly.
- Inspects rolls and does quality checking of cut sheet stock
- Recycles departmental wastes and maintains the recycle bins empty and organized
- Completes other assigned duties in an organized and efficient manner.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be able to write and speak simple sentences in English
- Must have basic math skills and ability to read tape measure and rulers.
- Must be able maintain good attendance
- Must be able to work overtime
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job without reasonable accommodation
- Excellent leadership, troubleshooting, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and interpersonal
- Experience operating a forklift and/or a clamp truck
- Ability to direct employees to meet standard work objectives
- Thorough understanding of production processes and manufacturing systems