Roles and Responsibilities
- Sets up, adjusts, maintains and operates press in absence of an operator.
- Reviews job ticket and selects the proper type and quantity of material.
- Assists in material change-overs. Ensures correct material is present and organized for production runs.
- Cleans, lubricates and makes minor adjustments to maintain quality of production.
- Cleans and maintains press equipment (pans, pumps, anilox rolls, etc.) along with general common areas.
- Removes and mounts plates when needed.
- Replenishes inks and other raw material as needed.
- Notifies supervision of needed repairs or replacement parts.
- Moves loads of printed and unprinted stock when necessary.
- Assists the press operator with preventative maintenance of the press.
- Assists with other printing processes as needed and as directed by supervision.
- Complies with established safety procedures and policies.
- Follows established standard operating procedures.
- Completes required documentation.
- Assembles print cylinders and gears.
- Performs and reviews line clearance.
- Removes waste from the press area.
- Works with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects and/or validations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime.