Pouch Machine Operator
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure personal compliance with all company Quality System, Operational, procedures, and practices, including Safety and completes required documentation accurately and timely.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standards for line speeds, scrap and set-up times.
- Reports any necessary maintenance of the machine to the engineering department using a written work order.
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
• Housekeeping procedures.
- Reads job specifications and previous run data (if available) to determine machine adjustments and material requirements. Ensures job is in order prior to machine set-up.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated
- Keeps work area clean.
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction. Makes corrections to alleviate out-of-specification products.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine the accuracy of machine operation.
- Performs required quality testing on products produced, i.e. burst test, drop test, water table test, etc.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as changing zipper cloth, dies, seal bars and punches.
- Assists and works cooperatively with assistant machine operators to stack, mark, pack, and transport finished boxes.
- Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to the position.
- Other duties as assigned by management and supervisors.
- Perform changeovers
- Perform PMs on equipment
- Make recommendations to supervision and management for improvement of production in terms of efficiency and workflow
- Maintain production reports
- Oversee daily performance of Pouch Assistant functions
- Change rolls and cut out splices
- Quality Control checks and data entry
- Trash and trim removal
- Could be asked to support other parts of the operations including press assistant, slitting, and lamination
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to take ownership of work and also work as part of a team
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Visual acuity to color consistency
- Manual coordination and dexterity
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Manual coordination and dexterity while utilizing hand tools, cleaning equipment
- Be able to work safely around operating machinery
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of flexible packaging films a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be flexible in work schedule.