FOLDER GLUER OPERATOR
Essential Functions of This Position Include
- Prepare for Operation – Check order documentation, verify accuracy, and communicate order information and additional instructions to support staff to prepare for order production. Establish most efficient manner to run product through assigned machine to produce expected quality and quantity. Make ready for production by setting up machine components to create products in line with customer specifications.
- Operate Gluer Machine – Operate assigned equipment in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed. Perform routine adjustments as needed. Direct support staff as needed to complete orders.
- Perform Maintenance – Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed. Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned equipment during shift.
- Perform Quality Checks – Complete quality checklist(s) and perform quality checks of product throughout to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform Line Clearance – Clean assigned area by removing all product from line, trash, boxes, and other supplies associated with a completed order.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- Knowledge of finishing machine operation
- Shifts include days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to work overtime is required. Shift schedules may vary depending on workload. No shifts are guaranteed.
- Successful candidates must be able to perform the following: lift 50 pounds continuously, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to Multi-Task and prioritize tasks
- Good verbal and written comprehension
- Work independently with minimal supervision and the ability to thrive in a team environment
- The ability to perform basic math calculations
- Pallet Jack experience
- Press or Finishing experience
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 7 + years of experience in operating folder/gluer machine (Bobst preferred) or 7+ years of experience in operating folding equipment
- Ensures that production goals are met.
- Troubleshoots problems to maintain quality standards and to keep binding line equipment in running condition – request maintenance as required.
- Examines product frequently to ensure that it meets customer quality specifications.
- Pulls and inspects hourly run samples and notifies the Bindery Supervisor in the event quality standards are not being met.
- Cleans, lubricates and maintains assigned machine to ensure its optimum operation.
- May provide training for new team members.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out – tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
- Previous experience with cutting, stitching, or folding required.
- Must be able to operate computers efficiently
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time