Flexographic Rewinder Operator
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform set up of Rewinder to job specifications.
- Set up the label counter.
- Set up the Label Vision System.
- Maintain proper unwind and rewind tensions.
- Maintain proper nip roll tensions.
- Set up and adjust slitter blades to maintain proper slitting.
- Thoroughly inspect product for defects throughout each job.
- Splice rolls as needed and as customer requirements dictate.
- Retain splice samples in job ticket for every job and samples for customers when requested.
- Calculate and determine customer roll size and quantity while insuring that entire order is met with overages whenever possible as allowed by customer.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 – 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand in one place for long periods of time, view (with assistance of a strobe light) product for long periods of time.
- Touch and feel instrument controls, and lift rolls that range from 30-50 pounds on a consistent basis.