Flexographic Press Operator
Roles and Responsibilities
- Operate a flexographic narrow web press, experience with UV & Water based inks and varnish.
- Ability to set up jobs in a timely manner, match proofs, spot colors, create color standard, and calculate figures and required amounts.
- Inspect printed material during production and changes controls to correct printing defects. Ability to troubleshoot the equipment during malfunction and repair when possible.
- Communicate and interact with machine operators, sales and management team.
- Communicate with QC to research customer complaints and improve all operations according to the company’s objectives.
- Achieve assigned objectives established by management.
- Maintain a professional and productive environment with management and co-workers. Maintain a safe work area, and good hygiene in a print operation environment.
- Perform proper area line clearance at the beginning and end of each job to reduce the risk of product mix.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 – 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand in one place for long periods of time, view (with assistance of a strobe light) product for long periods of time.
- Touch and feel instrument controls, and lift rolls that range from 30-50 pounds on a consistent basis.